It is with tears in my eyes that I write this post.
I was sent a PM today on my Facebook account from a lady I do not know. "A friend of ours ~ their son, grade 6 is new to this and if I can help them in any way I would be so thankful for your help and knowledge thank you so much." I assumed it was regarding T1. She confirmed it. I accepted her friend request she sent me and then, naturally, creeped her Facebook page (Sorry Nicole!) and see that several of our mutual friends had commented on her status about who can help here with some T1 questions/information.
I cried.
I cried for the fact that upon us approaching our 1 year diaversary, another family is going through what we went through and it brought back all those memories and feelings. I then cried for the fact that as I have vowed to talk about the disease to educate others, my posts are being seen and some very sweet friends of mine have passed my name onto this family. It's what I promised myself and my son ... That I would educate others. So if I only help this family out by the little bit of information I have given them ... I've done my job. I'm not ashamed to say I'm proud of myself for that. I wish I could take away their fear and their confusion, but all I can do is sit here and guide them the best I can, through one of the darkest periods they will experience.
I've said it - Trey was given this disease for a reason. Just as Trey Bagwell was given the disease and ends up in Aberdeen South Dakota, of all places, to play hockey and inspire my own Trey The Hockey Player ... It's our turn. Maybe not for this particular family ... But we're on the right path, I'm certain.
I have to run ... Trey Bagwell is stopping by to pick up his energy bites, cookies and waffles I made him. T1's are a family ....
No comments:
Post a Comment