Tuesday, May 23, 2017

School is over!

We did it!!! We survived the first year of school with T1D!  YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

As you loyal readers know, I was a mess last summer as I tried to get everything (including myself!) prepared as Trey entered Kindergarten.  I can safely say - the year went flawless thanks to Mrs. Heather Osborn!  What an angel.

I guess it's sort of like sending your newborn to daycare.  It's not something you're ready for, but you suck it up, hold back the tears  and drop that kid off as you walk out the door and pray that everything goes well.  You can't wait to get off work so you can pick him up.  As the weeks pass, this task gets easier and easier and you (hopefully) develop a bond with the daycare provider.  Truly, the provider knows your child just as well as you do because she spends more time with him than you!

This is basically the same as Trey and Heather.  They developed a close bond, a trust, and I knew after just a few weeks that she truly loved my Treyster like her own child and she wouldn't let anything happen to him.  From his classroom teacher, Mrs Smallman (whom we love) to the principal, Mr Alhberg ... Everyone stepped up and did exactly what they were supposed to do for my kid and for that -- I am forever grateful.

It's only day 2 of Summer Vacation, but August will be here soon and I have no reservations (yet!) about sending Trey back to school.  I just hope and pray Mrs Osborn returns as the nurse!!

Year ... Over.  Two Thumbs Up

No comments:

Post a Comment