Thursday, August 16, 2018

Square 1

How interesting the last blog post was a good-bye letter to Mrs Osborn.  This blog is about my anxiety regarding the upcoming school year. 

We met the teacher and new nurse yesterday.  She's certainly no Mrs. Osborn.  I mean, seriously, there will never be another Mrs Osborn and Lord knows she left some pretty big shoes to fill.

Mrs. Hahler came flying into the meeting 100 MPH. Judging by the chicken scratch, the amount of talking and unorganized stack of papers she had ... that made a first impression on me I won't forget.  I remember walking into a meeting full of staff members when we went through this before Kindergarten and within three minutes I felt so comfortable and knew Mrs Osborn was going to be an angel.  She was cool, calm, collected and let me talk while jotting down notes. 
Mrs. Hahler .... interrupted me every chance she could, didn't let the teacher have anything to say and just seemed ... I guess I don't even have words.  But I left that 75 minute meeting frustrated as hell.
I was awake for two and a half hours in the middle of the night because I couldn't turn my brain off.  I went through so many scenarios in my head (most of which will never happen, but hey ... at 2am your brain wants to go through it ALL).

Most definitely we are at square 1 this year.  Something I sort of thought would happen, but now I know for certain.  Ugh.

I woke up today knowing the poor teacher didn't really get to ask me anything nor did I get a chance to visit with her in regards to just every day routines with Trey, so I sent her a book ... I mean long email ... apologizing and yet just breaking down the day-to-day basics. It's my hope that this year Trey remains in his classrooms during the low blood sugars, instead of sitting down in the office missing valuable lesson time.  Yes, the office will still be a safe place for him, however, I've made boxes for each room Trey will visit in hopes that he can just get a juice box and remain in class while the teacher calls the nurse to him.  Will see how it works out.

As for the teacher, I have no issues or worries.  Well, except for the fact there are 12 boys and 7 girls (POOR TEACHER) in the class.  She is very good friends with Mrs Osborn so she's heard about Trey already and she also chatted with Mrs Salfrank about how we did things last year.

I just hope that Hahler calms down or something.  I hate to write her off before dealing with her, but I just foresee a few weeks of some breakdowns for all of us.

Momma needs a drink. 

No comments:

Post a Comment