Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Kindergarten here he comes!

Trey had his first day of school on Wednesday.  On Monday night we had Open House where we met the teacher and saw the classroom.  His teacher is the same who had Delanie and is a total sweetheart.  We saw where Mrs Osborn, the nurse, has her office and left some goodies in her fridge for Trey.

Tuesday we took him to a meeting with his teacher since she missed the meeting the week before.  She admitted she was nervous but said she'd sure do her best to look out for him.  She was amazed by his CGM and how he knew what it meant.

Wednesday was the day!  He went off to school as mom sat at home and cried off and on all day. I had my phone with me at all times and kept checking the Dexcom app to see what his number was.  He ran a little high all day but we expected that.  Once in the afternoon it buzzed at me with a high alert and I wondered if he did what he was supposed to do incase of a high.  He is to raise it in the air so the teacher knew something wasn't right.  When he got home at 3:10 I couldn't wait to hug him and again, I cried.  Tears of relief I think.  I asked about his high and he said he felt it buzz, looked at it, and put it back.  I gave him a look and he said, "I was fine mom.  I was fine."  but I reminded him even if he thinks he is fine, he needs to tell the teacher so they know.  He said he would next time.

........

No comments:

Post a Comment